sábado, 5 de mayo de 2007

I used to believe

Sobre música

Don't let the sun go down on me'

but I heard them as

Don't let your son go down on me'

Around the time that he (CAME OUT - I guess is the politically correct terminology) admitted how gay he was, I was talking to a crazy friend of mine (Elton came out, not my friend) who knew all the Elton John lyrics from back then, and I mentioned that it was no wonder that he sang about somebody's son going down on him, and how prophetic that was, when my friend laughed hysterically and corrected my mistake. I had been happily singing along for years, thinking all the time how gay Elton John must be, Oh, well.


My Dad was drunk one night at a wedding reception and kept on singing at the top of his lungs to Dancing Queen by Abba, but he kept singing

"Dancing Queen, eating a Chinese with Mr Bean oh yeah, you can dance in your underpants......"

Of course they were not the right words but still had people in fits of giggles.


My now ex-boyfriend pointed out that that what I thought were the real lyrics to the song Constant Craving by k.d. lang as I was singing 'Can't stand gravy' He insisted that the title didn't have the word gravy in it anywhere


my boyfriend was singing to a song on the radio by Dexy's Midnight Runners called Come on Eileen, but he didn't sing the real words that were

Come on Eileen
Oh I swear what he means
at this moment
you mean everything

Oh no, instead he sang what HE thought were the real words:

Come on Eileen
Oh I swear we cook Beans
at this moment
we cook only peas


The Abba song Chiquitita, I corrected a friend of mine who was wailing his version out at the top of his lungs! because he sang "Take your teeth out, tell me what is wrong" instead of "Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong ".