lunes, 21 de mayo de 2007

I used to believe

Sobre la gente

When my sister and I were little, we used to play "friend". One of us would walk up to the other and say something like "hi friend" and we would go back and forth talking completely normal, except we used the word friend instead of a name. We thought that's how you talked to your friends!

I could never understand how grown ups could tell if your shoes were on the right feet or not.. My mom always looked at the bottom of my shoes and I remember wondering what she was looking for. I thought there were some special words I couldn't see on the bottom of all my shoes...

I used to believe that children all had rounded noses, and as you grew older, it would become pointy, and the nostrils would become long and thin. I dreaded getting older because of this, and i liked my button nose.

I thought that when a child turned nine they were presented with a mini airplane so they could fly over other peoples houses and spy on them. On my ninth birthday I asked my mom where my airplane was, needless to say all of my spying dreams were crushed.

In a store one day, I pointed to a very attractive black woman and said "Look at that man!". Not having seen many African Americans in my 2 years, I wrongly assumed every black person was male.

En http://www.iusedtobelieve.com/