lunes, 28 de mayo de 2007

I used to believe

Sobre religión:

When I was little I refused to believe that the words God and Father were
synonmous, this was sort of odd as I went to preschool at my church and I even
remember having an argument with my friend over it. She insisted that God was my
father while my 3 or 4 year old self knew that my dad was not God, especially
since his name was not God but John.

One time while I was in church, I saw the priest go over to the deacon. He made
the sign of the cross, and then the deacon did the same thing, then the
priest...blessed the deacon, I guess (where he takes his hand and just
kinda...moves it in the shape of a cross). Well, I thought it was a secret
handshake.

There's a song called "Take It All" by a group called Hillsongs United. A friend
and I were singing this song in the car the other day. One of the lines is
"Jesus, we're living for your name; we'll never be ashamed of you.... Our
praise, and all we are today.... Take, take, take it all! Take, take, take it
all!!"
Well, my mom was driving, and she turned around in her seat to stare at us and
gave us this "WTF???" look.
Turns out that she'd misheard "take it all" as "Take, take, take it OFF!!!" My
friend and I laughed so hard that we cried. Poor Mom...

When I was in first grade at St. Mary's Catholic School, we were preparing to
make our First Holy Communion. During the many practices, the Nuns would give us
a chocolate Necco Wafer (candy) to represent the Host. After the big day finally
arrived and the ceremony was over, my family asked me how I felt now that I had
received the Lord. I was upset and couldn't understand why he wasn't chocolate!

When I was about four I thought that if you could lift up the hem of an angel's
dress you would find he was made of tightly packed dryer lint.


De http://iusedtobelieve.com