sábado, 7 de abril de 2007

I used to believe

Sobre la muerte

I used to believe there were small bull like animals that ate kittens. You see, one of my kittens died from choking on a fur ball when I was in 1st grade. I heard fur "Bull" and for several years told no one, but looked around a LOT when alone in the house. It took me years to realize the truth.

When I was around 5 or 6, I saw part of some police procedural tv movie, and the victim had died from a "blow to the back of the head". For at least a year or two afterwards, I thought that if someone blew on the back of your head, you could die. It affected me enough that I could not fall asleep on my side, with the back of my head exposed.

I once believed that when people died it was because the sandman had put too much sand in their eyes and they just couldn't wake up.

I used to have a cat and my parents put a flea collar on the cat. When I asked what it did my mom told me it was posion and any flea that touched it would died. She also told me if I touched it I would get posion on my hands and I must wash them right away. Being a child, I knew posion meant death and, not wanting to die, I spent many years of my life running to a sink after petting my cat so I wouldn't be posioned.

I used to believe that when you died, it had to be on your birthday or on a day close to your birthday.

De http://www.iusedtobelieve.com