sábado, 14 de abril de 2007

I used to believe

Sobre niños

You know how construction paper packages have pictures of various animals or fruits, I suppose for art ideas, on the front of them? I saw grapes on the front of one and thought that meant the paper was flavored, for example, red was cherry and green was watermelon. Let's just say I learned the hard way...

I used to believe that barbies were people who were bad so they were punished by being turned into barbies.
I still say my dad told me this, he denies it.

When I was younger, I thought the world was a simulation built just for me. I thought everything was a hologram, and when I got in a car, the windows were little TV screens. I was so gullable when I was younger.

I, like many people, believed that your toys came alive when you left the room. I still like this idea and watch to see if it happens with the dolls and teddys I still have.

After watching Toy Story when I was little, I believed that you could leave toys in a room for a while, and if you didn't watch them, they would come to life. Well, I would leave my toys in the middle of the floor and walk out of the room and listen at the door. Sometimes I would even quickly open up the door and shut it. I'd watch closely to see if the eyes moved, or I'd turn away and look back and see if there was anything different.

Turns out, I wasn't trying to outsmart anything.

De http://www.iusedtobelieve.com/