viernes, 20 de abril de 2007

I used to believe

En lenguaje

I used to believe that before a baby learns to speak English, the baby is actually speaking a foreign language, and it's parents can't understand it because they don't know that language. When a baby is born in another country where people don't speak English, the baby speaks English at first and it's parents have to teach it the other language.
I thought that parents who spoke English should just swap their baby with a baby from another country so they would be able to understand what their baby is saying.

At the age of 6 i believed that flush was a color

I never believed that "p*ss" was a swear word. My friend chris tried 2 tell me when i was like 7-

me (very loudly): p*ss isn't a swear word!!!!
chris (in hushed tones): yes it is!!
me: no! its just the sound u make when ur pretending to go to the toilet!
chris: i promise, its a swear word!
me: no it isn't!!
etc.etc.
i just wouldnt believe it! (unfortunately...)

Until I was about 9 or 10 yeas old my mum convinced me that ironing was a swear word just because she hated doing it!

When I was young, I thought other people's languages sounded like english to them, and english would sound like their language sounds to me, like spanish speakers heard english when I heard spanish, and they heard spanish when I heard english.

De http://www.iusedtobelieve.com/