sábado, 28 de abril de 2007

I used to believe

When I was a little 2nd grader me and my friend had imanginary friends. She had a giraffe named Fefe and I had a duck named Bebe.At lunch we would yell at people for sitting on them. We believed in them until we were 10. I know ...10!!!!!!! We used to talk to them and start conversations with them and people thought we were creeps. We convinced one of our friends they were real, but the others told her otherwise. I will remember them 4ever.

When I was about 4 or 5, after a Rugrats episode dealing with imaginary friends, I decided that I wanted one. Hence, the creation of "Barney." I believe I renamed him later to Melvin. He lived on the side of my neighbor's house. I did make another one, named Susie, but I disliked her and did her away. Melvin went away around the time I started school.In fourth grade, I did have another imaginary friend, who happened to be Zim from the show Invader Zim. Some time later, my imaginary boyfriend, "Chris," joined the gang. I had them up until probably 8th grade. Those were some crazy times. :D

For a few months when I was around 8 or 9, I believed I was being stalked by an Egyptian mummy. I even caught a glimpse of him once, peering through the closed curtains into the living, but I was too frightened to investigate.

I think it must have started when I would wake up after having a bad dream, and my heart would be beating so hard that I could hear it pounding in my ears. I remember laying in bed in terror because I thought my heartbeat was a giants footsteps, running down the street outside, coming to my house. I was too afraid to look out the window, and of course that just made my heart beat louder and stronger, the giant was getting closer!!! I believed in giants for awhile there, and it happened more than once.

When I was about 4 or 5, I got up from be on Christmas eve to use the bathroom. As I walked by the living room, I saw Santa Claus putting out presents. For years I argued with friends that there had to be a Santa because I was a witness. To this day I've wondered if this was a vivid dream or if my family played an elaborate hoax on me (something my dad would be capable of) but I've never asked. I think I enjoy the clear memory more than being told the truth, or realizing that it was a dream.

De http://www.iusedtobelieve.com/